Tuesday 18 December 2012

12 Years On

Kirsty MacColl

1959 - 2000


TWELVE years ago today, we lost a legend.

Kirsty's music lives on in all its glory, with the cruel irony that her last album, Tropical Brainstorm, is widely regarded as her best.

I found it impossible to pick a 'best of' or 'top 10' so I've chosen a random selection of her songs to share.

Watch, listen and remember the good times.

A New England


England 2 - Colombia 0


They Don't Know


Walking Down Madison


In These Shoes?


Miss Otis Regrets


My Affair


There's A Guy Works Down The Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis


Soho Square


Innocence


And finally, if you haven't seen the excellent BBC documentary, Kirsty - The Life And Songs of Kirsty MacColl, you can watch the full thing below. Enjoy.




"Once upon a time at home
I sat beside the telephone
Waiting for someone to pull me through
When at last it didn't ring I knew it wasn't you"
- New England


No comments:

Post a Comment